Status of Terms 1.1 These terms constitute a legal document ("the Agreement"), which sets out the rights and obligations of you as a purchaser ("you"), and those of Canterbury HiFi Ltd ("Canterbury HiFi Ltd", "we" or "us"), in relation to the services and products offered by us through this site or any of the other sites owned by us. By registering for Canterbury HiFi Ltd, you agree to the terms of this Agreement, and you re-affirm that agreement every time you use any of our services. 1.2 You agree to: 1.2.1 provide true, accurate, current and complete information about you as prompted by our registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and 1.2.2 maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Canterbury HiFi Ltd has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Canterbury HiFi Ltd has the right to suspend or terminate your account, cease supply and refuse you any and all current or future use of the Canterbury HiFi Ltd site (or any portion of it).
Place of performance and applicable law Canterbury HiFi Ltd is a limited company registered in England (VAT number 724883117). Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this site are directed solely at those who access this site from the United Kingdom mainland. Canterbury HiFi Ltd makes no representation that any product referred to in the materials on this site is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. English law shall govern this Agreement. You and we each submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to disputes arising out of this Agreement.
Placing an order 3.1 An order summary will be displayed in your basket, before you submit an order with Canterbury HiFi Ltd. This contains important information such as a description, price and delivery charges of the goods or services ordered. Canterbury HiFi Ltd suggests that you print off a hard copy of the notice or save a copy to your hard drive for your own records. 3.2 Goods supplied to you by Canterbury HiFi Ltd will correspond with their prices and description (subject to E & OE). If at any time this is not the case then Canterbury HiFi Ltd will give you the right to reject the goods within a reasonable time period for a full refund. 3.3 In the unlikely event that an incorrect price is shown on our website. Canterbury HiFi Ltd reserves the right to abstain from fulfilling the order at that price. You will of course be notified, and at which point you will be informed of the correct price, and given the choice to proceed with the order. 3.4 All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If we do not supply the goods for any reason, we will not charge you for these and we will refund any money already paid for them. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses you may suffer if we cannot supply the goods due to reasons beyond our control. If we cannot supply the goods due to stock being unavailable, we will contact you as soon as possible.
4. Content 4.1 Canterbury HiFi Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this site. Canterbury HiFi Ltd will only be liable for consequential losses within the contemplation of the parties. 4.2 Certain links in this site (typically a banner advert or icon) will lead to sites, which are not under the control of Canterbury HiFi Ltd. When you activate any of these you will leave the Canterbury HiFi Ltd site and Canterbury HiFi Ltd has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability for the material on any site, which is not under the control of Canterbury HiFi Ltd.
5. Limitation of Liability 5.1 Nothing in this Agreement shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or fraud of Canterbury HiFi Ltd. 5.2 Subject to clause 6.1, you agree that Canterbury HiFi Ltd shall not be liable either in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise, for any direct loss or damage (including loss or damage which is reasonably foreseeable or occurs naturally in the course of things) resulting from any acts, omissions, failures or delays occurring on or in relation to those parts of the Internet not under Canterbury HiFi Ltd.'s direct control including, without limitation, damage for loss of business, loss of sales, non-payment of sums due, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of reputation, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss (even where Canterbury HiFi Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage). 5.3 The only liabilities that Canterbury HiFi Ltd can exclude are those arising from the following. 5.3.1 In cases where losses were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed. 5.3.2 Where losses were not caused by any breach on the part of Canterbury HiFi Ltd. 5.3.3 For any business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers.
6. Payment & Pricing 6.1 All our prices shown include VAT at 20% and is reclaimable. If you are in a position to claim back the VAT and are unsure on the VAT content on an item you have seen or purchased then please contact us for further assistance. 6.2 Canterbury HiFi Ltd reserves the right to cancel the order if security measures indicate a possible fraud attempt. If your card has not been authorised by our payment conditions, then we will contact you by email. Order cancellation is done immediately and may take 3-5 working days to be processed by the banks. Any order placed using a non-UK registered card may be declined. All transactions via www.canterburyhifi.co.uk has to be made with a card that is registered to a UK address. 6.3 Promotional Offers (including Cashback & extended warranties) – Canterbury HiFi Ltd act as agents to the manufacturers and are allowed to sell products with permission. Any promotions, such as extended warranties, cashback or free accessories that are supplied by the manufacturer, are promoted on the understanding that customers will make a claim for these offers directly from the promoter on behalf of the manufacturer. Canterbury HiFi Ltd cannot be held responsible for any late claims, wrong information on claims or delay in getting said promotional items to you as the customer. All information on our website is correct to the best of our knowledge.
Delivery All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We guarantee all orders will be received within 30 days. If Canterbury HiFi Ltd cannot deliver within 30 days you will be notified immediately to arrange another time for delivery, or if you would prefer to cancel your order. For a complete explanation of delivery charges please see our delivery details page.
8. Complaints handling procedure In the unlikely event that you have any complaints as to our service or any of the goods and services supplied to you from our site, please contact us by either: · E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org · Phone: 01227 765315 or write to: · Canterbury HiFi Ltd Unit 1 St Georges Centre Canterbury Kent CT1 1UL
All complaints are taken seriously and will be investigated as soon as they are brought to our notice. We will endeavour to rectify any problems as soon as possible.
9. Copyrights All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on this site are the copyright of Canterbury HiFi Ltd or its content providers. As a visitor to the Canterbury HiFi Ltd site, you are licensed to copy electronically or to print portions of this site for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without Canterbury HiFi Ltd.’s prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
10. Software 10.1 Intellectual property rights in any software or any other copyrighted materials ("Software") and supporting documentation supplied by us to you remain our property or that of our licensors. 10.2 Without our written consent and without affecting any applicable statutory rights under the Copyright (Computer Program) Regulations 1992 (as amended, supplemented or replaced from time to time) you shall not and shall not permit any other person to: 10.2.1 disassemble, reverse engineer, de-compile or in any other way interfere with the Software; 10.2.2 copy or modify the Software; or 10.2.3 create any new Software partly or wholly based on the Software. 10.3 Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you are licensed to use the Software and associated documentation non-exclusively, but only for the purposes identified on the site in relation to the Software. 10.4 You must not transfer, assign or sub-license your right to use the Software or attempt to do so.
11. Matters Beyond our Reasonable Control Canterbury HiFi Ltd shall not be held liable for any breach of this Agreement caused by circumstances out of its control including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightening, flood, extremely severe weather, epidemics, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), acts or omissions of Internet services providers or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities.
12. Language In the event of conflict or inconsistency between the terms of the English language version of this Agreement and any translation provided by us, the English language version shall prevail.